Saturday, March 29, 2008

If Court ever gets back to OKlahoma, she's gonna nail her feet to the ground...

Hi, kids.
So, Istanbul has been....interesting, to say the least. Poor Cruark. She was S.I.C.K. like, crazy sick. She spent two days laying on the not-so-comfy cot in our hostel. She is NOT a fan of the city, and thats putting it nicely.
Since Court has been down and out for the past two days, I've been chillin' with Benjamin Cash. He's taken me all over the city, showing me the different neighborhoods and villages in Istanbul. We went to Kadikoy, which is the Asian side of the city. They had good and cheap shopping. Which was happy and welcomed since the area of town that we are staying in is CRAZY expensive. My favorite neighborhoods in the city, are Ortakoy and Bebek. Ortakoy is a small, village-like neighborhood right on the Bosphorous. It was gorgeous there. There was not one tourist in sight (thank God). The people were very friendly and welcoming. There were ice cream, baked potatoe and waffle vendors selling food to passerbys.
Just down the road is Bebek. This is my favorite place in Istanbul. Its also right on teh water and beautiful. Its full of shopping and food vendors. ( this is also where the waterfront starbucks is). We stopped for a snack there, Ben got chocolate ice cream and I got a waffle. They wafffles here are AMAZING. They aren't eaten for breakfast, but rather as snacky-street food. They have chocolate and vanilla pudding on them with fresh fruit and choc. chips. I know it sounds gross, but theyre amazing.
Last night, Court felt a little better, so Ben and I took her out to Takism Square. All she ever wanted was pizza, and after have THE SAME FRIGGIN THING for 4 days straight (minced lamb, rice and bread) pizza was a welcome change. We finally found a Pizza Hut and very American like, headed straight to the buffett. I thought I was getting some kind of sausauge pizza, NO. Not so much. When I bit into it, I realized that the pizza was in fact not sausuage, but hot dog and corn pizza. Yum-o.

Today is Cruarks 27th birthday. I tried to make it good, or at least okay, but unfortunately, I failed miserably. I'm sure she will post about it more in detail, but it was rather disastrous. So, for everyone back in Oklahoma, we are having a redo birthday for Court. Its going to be a themed party about how much we love America, full of good American food. I'm not even kidding.
Love to all, we are home in 3 days. GET EXCITED!
-whitters

No comments: